Evans eyes were bothering him today. He threw up a couple times this morning. Then the Advil he took finally kicked in and he started to feel better.
He spent a good part of the morning working with me doing apples. Jeff was a big help too.
Evan filled a load of apples on the dryer and then he helped sauce 4 loads of juiced apples. We ended up with 4 big margarine containers full of applesauce (12 kg) and 14 quarts of juice. There are still more apples to do.
I picked up Rebekka from school and then the older kids at their lunch hours. Rebekka also helped with the applesauce.
Apple juice cooling. I love hearing those lids ping.
The youth picked up the target hunger bags they delivered last week within our ward boundaries. This is the one donation I have a hard time with. Giving away the food that we ourselves are going to eat. I tried hard to be generous knowing that we have far more than the people that the food will be going to. I’m trying to express gratitude for what I have.
Just before 7pm, Savanna, Tysyn, Rebekka and I went to Lethbridge for groceries. The kids had fun in the back of the van. I could hear them laughing, giggling and being silly the whole way into the city. When we stopped I reminded them that I expected appropriate behaviour inside. They complied.
Once we were done, we headed to Costco and the kids were so excited for samples. Except there are no samples in store at 8:15pm. Major disappointment.
The kids begged for ice cream frostys from Wendy’s. I hardly ever give in. But today I bought three small frostys. I’m grateful I can do simple math in my head because the initial total was way too high. I questioned it at the window, then had to wait for the total to be corrected on the cash register. The littles were delighted with their freezy cold treat.
We loaded the van and head home on Highway 4. We got a short way out of the city when Aaren called. He was hoping I was still in Lethbridge. I told him I was on the way home. He asked if I could go back and pick up some gloves he wanted to buy on Kijiji. Way over in West Lethbridge.
I said yes, despite knowing it was going to make it a super late bedtime for the three youngest kiddos, but it would save him a trip in tomorrow. (I also like knowing I can be the hero.) I travelled a little further East to the Broxburn Road turnoff and turned around, heading West. Back to the city we went. I had to go to the ATB bank machine for cash. Then the kids said they needed the bathroom. So we stopped at 7-11 which did not have public restrooms. Ugh. Heading towards our destination, we drove until I found a gas station. It also had a sign saying no public restrooms but the young man was kind enough to open them up anyway.
The gloves were over in West Lethbridge. In the dark under a streetlight we saw a herd of deer right across from the house I stopped at. I purchased the gloves and thought I was going to get stuck. But I made it through the deep crusty snow. Then it was time to heard home. I enjoyed a quiet ride while the littles were sleeping in the back. At home it was straight to bed.
We saw deer at three different locations tonight. Raymond. East Lethbridge. West Lethbridge. Hunting season is definitely approaching. This is the time we see deer everywhere.
It was quiet at home too when I was putting the groceries away. I am grateful for food to eat.
2 comments:
Yum applesauce! You're an awesome mom, Kim! I'm pretty sure I'd be like no way Aaren, you go get your own gloves! Haha
Oh Costco, ruining the dreams of children.
Post a Comment